Are you looking for a varied job in which you can combine your scientific knowledge, analytical insight and problem-solving abilities? Then the following traineeship might be the start of a dynamic career:
Traineeship Nuclear Technology (starting 1 February 2022)N2020075/CS
The interviews for the traineeship starting on 1 September 2021 have already started and registration for this starting date is therefore closed.
If you would like to register your interest for the start date of 1 February 2022, you can apply now.
In the week of November 1, 2021 you will receive final feedback whether you are through to the interview rounds.
As a trainee, you will follow an intensive 18-month program starting February 1, 2022. Under the guidance of senior and medior consultants you will work on a minimum of two and a maximum of four projects. What kind of projects will you be working on with your fellow trainees? Well, for example…
- Prepare and carry out modifications to nuclear installations;
- Human and environmental impact studies of radiation exposure;
- Perform safety and risk analyses for nuclear installations;
- Supervise licensing processes for radioactive waste processing.
You will also spend an average of one day a week on education and training (e.g. radiation protection, nuclear technology and project management). You will also be assigned a personal coach who will work with you to identify your ambitions and development. After 18 months, you’ll be ready for ‘the next step’: a suitable position within the C&S business unit or outside, so that you can grow rapidly to become a mid-level consultant, project manager or engineer.
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, industrial engineering, physics, mathematics, aerospace engineering (if your studies are not in this field but you are interested in the nuclear sector, this traineeship is also an option for you).
- A maximum of two years of work experience; (we are looking for graduates who want to make the start of their career with us and the development you will experience in the trainee program is geared to this. If you have more experience, we advise you to apply for another position within our company);
- Creative mind;
- Thinking in terms of possibilities;
- Collaborative oriented.
NRG’s trainee programme is coordinated by the Consultancy & Services (C&S) business unit. As a trainee you will be led by C&S consultants, working at both NRG’s Arnhem and Petten sites and for our clients. You will work in various teams and we will challenge you by helping you to work on complex cases.
Terms of employment
Besides an interesting position and meaningful work, NRG also offers good terms of employment.
Modern and competitive terms of employment
- A good salary with career opportunities;
- 27 vacation days and 12 days flextime (with full-time employment;
- 6.3% year-end bonus and 8% vacation allowance;
- Pension with the ABP; NRG pays 74% of the premium;
- A travel allowance and mobility budget (if applicable).
- A 3-day onboarding for everyone new to NRG;
- An exciting package of training both in personal development and technical skills.
Flexibility and work-life balance
- Possibility of overnight accommodation if you live far away;
- Possibility to buy leave.
- Exercise at lunchtime;
- An active staff association.
Information & Application.
- The trainee program is divided into 6 blocks of one quarter each;
- Each quarter consists of one thematic course/training and various regularly recurring elements such as working on cases, intervision and coaching;
- Each quarter is concluded with a social event.
In addition, you and your coach will draw up a personal development plan and training courses may be offered in the areas of communication, advisory skills, consulting skills, impact and presentation skills.
Register your interest and availability now! We will let you know shortly whether we consider you suitable, based on your CV and motivation letter, and from there you will be included in the application rounds later in the year. If you would first like to know more about this position or our company, please contact our corporate recruiter Nancy Roggeveen at 06-15590245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about our company, please visit our corporate page www.nrg.eu.
A security screening (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag) is part of the selection procedure.