For the High Flux Reactor (HFR) we are looking for an enthusiastic:
Deputy Expert Radiation Protection (ERP)N2021050/NO
As a Deputy ERP at the High Flux Reactor, you are the authority in the field of operational radiation protection (RP).. Together with the other RP employees, you ensure that radiation risks are recognized, controlled and reduced in accordance with the ALARA principle.
You implement this oversight by reviewing proposed changes to the HFR installation, design safety documentation and operational procedures against the applicable (internationally recognized) guidelines for radiation protection.
You monitor the daily operation of the reactor and ensure that the risks of radiation are sufficiently identified and controlled in all processes at all times. Together with the ERP, you direct and guide other RP staff in the execution of RP tasks. You play an active role in the follow-up of operational malfunctions and deviations that may have an effect on radiation safety, by means of knowledge contribution or by playing a leading role in the investigation.
You provide information in the field of radiation safety and hygiene to NRG employees and external parties.
Together with the ERP’s from the other NRG installations and under the supervision of the General ERP, you ensure uniform development of policies with regard to radiation risks and hygiene.
- You have at Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant field of expertise;
- You have knowledge of the IAEA radiation protection guidelines (e.g. GSR Part 3, GSG-7, etc.) and the Dutch regulatory Radiation Protection requirements for nuclear installations or are able to quickly absorb them;
- You are prepared to gain any necessary additional knowledge by following internal and external education / training;
- You like to work with other people, but you are able to make independent decisions;
- You understand why safety is important and you want to commit yourself further development of nuclear (radiation) safety and safety culture at the HFR;
- You are willing and able to quickly learn the Dutch language.
Conditions of employment
Besides an interesting function and meaningful work, NRG also offers you good working conditions.
Modern and market compliant package of conditions
- A good salary with growth opportunities;
- 27 holiday days and 12 days of flex (fulltime employment);
- 6.3%-year allowance and 8% holiday surcharge;
- Pension at the ABP; NRG pays 74% of premium;
- Travel expenses and potentioal mobility budget.
- A digital onboarding;
- An annual training budget and room for your own wishes.
Flexibility and balance sheet work-private
- Possibility to buy leave.
- Ac walk in the forest during lunch time;
- An active personnel association.
Information & Application
To know more about this position or our company, please contact our corporate recruiter Nancy Roggeveen via 06-15590245 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about our company, check out our corporate business page www.nrg.eu.
Safety investigations are part of the selection procedure.