For the team Safety & Reliability we are looking for a:
As a safety engineer/consultant you will play an important role in complex technical projects performed for sectors such as: nuclear, conventional industry, infrastructure, renewable energy where safety, reliability and authorization are essential. Our field of expertise covers:
- risk analysis of technical (modification) projects;
- probabilistic safety analyses;
- safety cases and reliability analyses;
- functional safety.
The tools we use are: HAZOP/HAZID, FME(C)A, Fault tree analysis, Event tree analysis and many other cross forms of these techniques, tooled to satisfy the clients’ needs and to comply with the given regulations and guidelines.
As a safety engineer/consultant you have a critical attitude, proven technical background to understand complex systems and a good engineering judgement, you are proactive, skilled in acquisition, networking and continuously stay alert with respect to the market needs, trends and developments in the area of interests.
The projects are often multidisciplinary and are characterized by a complex interplay of various stakeholders. With your solid technical expertise you are a natural sparring partner for our customers’ specialists. You have experience with risk and safety analysis methods and are able to apply these. We expect clearly written reports that correctly represent the approach and results of the analyses. Lastly we expect you to be a good communicator, committed team player who strive to deliver high quality results within given budget and time frame.
- A bachelor or university degree in a technical direction (e.g. mechanical/electrical engineering, chemical engineering, chemical technology physics, nuclear engineering);
- You have a proven track records at least 3 years of relevant work experience in a technical environment and/or experience with safety and risk analyses;
- You have experience with project work, supplemented with project management skills (e.g.. PRINCE2 or IPMA);
- Experience in the nuclear industry is a plus but not necessary.
- Strong in oral and written communication in both the Dutch and English language;
- Results-oriented and you take ownership;
- Pragmatic, responsible;
- A customer-oriented team player, pro-active, identifying new project opportunities and addressing project issues;
- Flexible to work on-site of the customer for longer periods of time.
In an environment where a high level of knowledge is key, NRG regards its people as its most important asset. This is expressed in:
- Competitive salary, based on education and experience levels;
- Temporary contracts of one year, with a view of extension;
- 6.3% year-end bonus and 8% holiday bonus;
- Minimum 27 vacation days and 12 ADV days at full-time employment;
- Contribution towards the travel expenses for commuting by own transport or public transportation;
- Personalized program to further develop your soft and technical skills.
Information and application: