NRG is Europe’s largest supplier of medical isotopes and operator of the High Flux Reactor (HFR). It produces isotopes for around 10 million patient treatments per year in more than 90 countries. NRG conducts nuclear technology research, is acting as an accelerator for the development of advanced nuclear technology for energy solutions, and is active in the development of new isotopes for both therapeutic and diagnostic uses.
Are you interested in working in a high-tech environment? If so, then respond to the job opportunity at NRG to work as a:
Combined Neutronics / CFD AnalystN2022104/CIE
What you will do:
• Perform coupled neutronics/CFD computations and analyses for internal and external customers, as well as for commercial and government funded research programs.
- Development, verification and validation of multiphysics methods for nuclear reactor analysis
- Multiphysics and multiscale coupling of reactor physics codes, thermal-hydraulic system codes, and CFD codes
- Coupled neutronics and fluid-dynamics analyses of nuclear reactor cores, cooling systems, and innovative nuclear systems (e.g. molten salt reactors and small modular reactors)
- Dynamic neutronics, CFD simulations
- Analyses supporting the design and optimisation of irradiation facilities in the High Flux Reactor
- Influence of delayed neutrons on reactor physics simulations
- Neutron data uncertainty quantification
- Application of artificial intelligence techniques to nuclear science
• Take overall responsibility for projects
• Broaden and deepen the knowledge and quality of the team
• Develop new research and innovation proposals supporting the company and team strategy
• Contribute to the team strategy within your area(s) of expertise
• Develop a network and maintain contacts with clients, both internal and external
- An academic degree
- Technical background in neutronics and computational fluid-dynamics
- Preferably, you have obtained recently, or will obtain in the near future, a PhD degree in nuclear or mechanical engineering, or physics, possibly with 1-5 years of additional experience in neutronics and fluid-dynamics simulations.
- Focused on quality
- A team player
- Good in developing and maintaining a network in your field of knowledge
- Structured and organized
You will be working for our Reactor Analyses & Operational Support team in Petten. The main focus of the team consists of the execution of complex analyses supporting the production of medical isotopes and the execution of fuel and material irradiations in the High Flux Reactor, the new build of the Pallas reactor, and the performance of high-end research within national and international research projects in the nuclear energy domain. We are a team of highly educated young international talents. You have wide opportunities for professional and personal development.
Conditions of employment
Besides an interesting function and meaningful work, NRG also offers you good working conditions.
Modern and market compliant package of conditions
- A good salary with growth opportunities
- 27 holiday days and 12 days of flex (fulltime employment)
- 6.3%-year allowance and 8% holiday surcharge
- Pension at the ABP; NRG pays 74% of premium
- Travel expenses and mobility budget
- An annual training budget and room for your own wishes
- Possibility to take a leisure walk in the surrounding dunes during lunch time
- An active personnel association
Information & Application
Does this position appeal to you? If so, you can apply directly via our website www.werkenbijnrg.nl. To know more about this position or our company, please contact our corporate recruiter Nancy Roggeveen via 06 155 90 245 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The close date for this position is the 23rd of October
A security screening (Certificate of Good Conduct) is part of the selection procedure.