NRG is Europe’s largest supplier of medical isotopes and operator of the High Flux Reactor (HFR). It produces isotopes for around 10 million patient treatments per year in more than 90 countries. NRG conducts nuclear technology research, is acting as an accelerator for the development of advanced nuclear technology for energy solutions, and is active in the development of new isotopes for both therapeutic and diagnostic uses.
Are you interested in working as a physicist in a high-tech environment? If so, then respond to the job opportunity at NRG to work as a:
What you will do:
• Perform neutronics computations and analyses in close contact with internal and external customers.
- Nuclear safety analyses for new and existing irradiation facilities in the High Flux Reactor;
- Pre- and post-irradiation calculations for irradiation experiments;
- Isotope yield calculations;
- Analyses supporting the design and optimization of irradiation facilities;
- Neutron activation and inventory calculations;
- Shielding analyses.
• Carry out research for both commercial and government funded research programs.
- Multi-scale reactor physics;
- Dynamic neutronics simulations;
- Uncertainty quantification;
- Shielding analyses for activation or fluence calculations;
- Influence of delayed neutrons on reactor physics simulations;
- Application of artificial intelligence techniques to nuclear science.
• Take overall responsibility for projects.
• Broaden and deepen the knowledge and quality of the team.
• Develop new research and innovation proposals supporting the company and team strategy.
• Contribute to the team strategy within your area(s) of expertise.
• Develop a network and maintain contacts with clients, both internal and external.
- An academic degree;
- Technical background in neutronics and reactor physics;
- You have obtained, or will obtain in the near future, an MSc or PhD degree in neutronics and reactor physics methods, possibly with up to approximately 5 years of additional experience in such methods.
- Focused on quality;
- A team player;
- Good in developing and maintaining a network in your field of knowledge;
- Structured and organized.
You will be working for our Reactor Analyses & Operational Support team in Petten (20 fte). The main focus of the team consists of the execution of complex, mostly computationally based, analyses supporting the production of medical isotopes and the execution of fuel and material irradiations in the High Flux Reactor, the new build of the Pallas reactor, and the performance of high-end research within national and international research projects in the nuclear energy domain. We are a team of highly educated young international talents. You have wide opportunities for professional and personal development
Terms of employment
Besides an interesting position and meaningful work, NRG also offers you good terms of employment.
Modern employment conditions package in line with the market
- A good salary with opportunities for advancement;
- 27 vacation days and 12 days of flex time (in part-time employment on a pro-rata basis);
- 7.3% year-end bonus and 8% vacation allowance;
- Pension with the ABP; NRG pays 74% of the premium;
- Commuting expenses are reimbursed at € 0.21 per k/m
up to a maximum of 50 km one way.
- An onboarding program for everyone new to the company;
- An annual training budget and room for your own wishes.
Flexibility and work-life balance
- Possibility to buy 2 weeks extra leave per year.
- An active staff association that organizes many social and sporting events every year;
- The opportunity during your lunch break to take a walk in the beautiful dune area or to use our fine company restaurant.
Information & application
Learn more about this position or our company, please contact our corporate recruiter Nancy Roggeveen at 06-15590245 or email email@example.com.
For more information about our company, check out our corporate company page www.nrg.eu.
A security screening (Certificate of Good Conduct) is part of the selection procedure.