If you are interested in working in a unique and dynamic environment, for a company providing products and services with a vital social impact, then apply now for the following position:
Mechanical Design EngineerN2022132/NO
In order to ensure safe and reliable operation of the HFR, the necessary modifications and troubleshooting of technical challenges is required from the engineering team. Functioning as engineer you are required to utilize your technical knowledge-base and communication skills during the different phases of a project. Engineering challenges at the HFR usually involves a combination of the following:
- Design and/or modification of nuclear systems and peripherals, such as irradiation facilities, target material for isotope production, radiation shielding and related equipment;
- Implementation and commissioning of modifications to nuclear systems and peripherals, such as irradiation facilities, target material for isotope production, radiation shielding and related equipment;
- Provide support to operational or maintenance activities of the reactor and it’s support systems so that they continue to meet the applicable regulations and safety standards;
- Plan, facilitate, monitor and drive the progress and quality of projects and design changes to the installation;
- Interact with suppliers on project related services and/or equipment. Building and maintaining relationships with suppliers;
- Write and review a combination of technical documentation, such as design frameworks, modification proposals, detail design reports, product specifications, drawings, FATs, SATs, SITs, implementation plans and risk assessments;
- Analyze trends, operational parameters and historical data for establishing corrective or preventive measures;
- Provide support to other departments within NRG on the area of your specific knowledge of the nuclear installations. Identifying and exploiting commercial opportunities for internal and external clients.
- B.Eng in Mechanical Engineering.
- Preferably a completed M.Eng in Nuclear, Mechanical, Mechatronics or Chemical Engineering;
- Experience in the nuclear industry is an advantage;
- Experience in applying ASME (B31.1, B31.3, Section III Division I, Section VIII Divisions 1 and 2) is an advantage;
- Experience in cooling and heat transfer systems is an advantage;
- You are able to think conceptually and approach problems from a broad perspective, taking into account the requirements from all stakeholders;
- You are a team player, have a high safety consciousness and you combine your motivation with eagerness to learn;
- You are detail oriented and you have a solution-oriented attitude;
- Have good social and writing skills;
- You are willing to develop your skills in a nuclear environment and take ownership of projects and assignments you are assigned.
Terms of employment
Besides an interesting position and meaningful work, NRG also offers good terms of employment.
Modern and competitive terms of employment
-A good salary with opportunities for advancement;
-27 vacation days and 12 days flextime (with full-time employment);
-7.3% year-end bonus and 8% vacation allowance;
-Pension with the ABP; NRG pays 74% of the premium;
-A travel allowance and mobility budget of € 5000 net (paid once, if you live 1.5 hours travel distance from our work location.
-A digital onboarding for everyone new to NRG;
-An exciting package of training both in personal development and technical skills.
Flexibility and work-life balance
-Possibility of overnight accommodation if you live far away;
-Possibility to buy leave.
-Work in an environment where you can walk in the dunes/forest at lunchtime;
-An active staff association.
Information & Application.
If you are interested in this position please contact our corporate recruiter Rogier Gervers at 06-2713 2468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our company, please visit our corporate page www.nrg.eu.
A security screening (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag) is part of the selection procedure.