If you are interested in working in a unique and dynamic environment, for a company providing products and services with a vital social impact, then apply now for the following position:
In order to ensure safe and reliable operation of the HFR, implementation of modifications and troubleshooting of technical challenges are required from the engineering team. Functioning as Chemical Engineer at the reactor will require you to utilize your technical expertise to contribute in solving engineering and operational challenges, which might entail:
- Assessing the material compatibility when implementing new or modified SSCs, by taking into account:
*Potential corrosion mechanisms on the short and longer term.
*Ageing mechanisms which might lead to premature wear and tear, stress corrosion cracking, fatigue, etc.
- Assessing and providing guidance for the use of chemicals and lubricants which might be in contact with the reactor water systems;
- Providing guidance on the application of different surface treatment processes, depending on the use-case and material type;
- Designing and/or modifying nuclear systems and peripherals, such as irradiation facilities, target material for isotope production, radiation shielding and related equipment;
- Providing support to operational or maintenance activities of the reactor and it’s support systems so that continued operation within the applicable regulations and safety standards is maintained;
- Planning, facilitating, monitoring and driving the progress and quality of projects and design changes to the installation;
- Writing and reviewing a combination of technical documentation, such as design frameworks, product specifications, drawings, FATs, SATs, SITs, implementation plans and risk assessments;
- Analyzing trends, operational parameters and historical data for establishing corrective or preventive measures;
- Providing support to other departments within NRG on the area of your specific knowledge of the nuclear installations. Identifying and exploiting commercial opportunities for internal and external clients.
- B.Eng in Chemical/Corrosion Engineering.
- Preferably a completed M.Eng in Nuclear, Chemical, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering;
- Experience in the nuclear industry is an advantage;
- You are able to think conceptually and approach problems from a broad perspective, taking into account the requirements from all stakeholders;
- You are a team player, have a high safety consciousness and you combine your motivation with eagerness to learn;
- You are detail oriented and you have a solution-oriented attitude;
- Have good social and writing skills;
- You are willing to develop your skills in a nuclear environment and take ownership of projects and assignments you are assigned.
Terms of employment
Besides an interesting position and meaningful work, NRG also offers good terms of employment.
Modern and competitive terms of employment
-A good salary with opportunities for advancement;
-27 vacation days and 12 days flextime (with full-time employment);
-7.3% year-end bonus and 8% vacation allowance;
-Pension with the ABP; NRG pays 74% of the premium;
-A travel allowance and mobility budget of € 5000 net (paid once, if you live 1.5 hours travel distance from our work location.
-A digital onboarding for everyone new to NRG;
-An exciting package of training both in personal development and technical skills.
Flexibility and work-life balance
-Possibility of overnight accommodation if you live far away;
-Possibility to buy leave.
-Work in an environment where you can walk in the dunes/forest at lunchtime;
-An active staff association.
Information & Application.
If you are interested in this position please contact our corporate recruiter Rogier Gervers at 06-2713 2468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our company, please visit our corporate page www.nrg.eu.
A security screening (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag) is part of the selection procedure.